Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Out of our Comfort Zone...

I think my friend Harmony said it well in her blog.  I'm totally uncomfortable with the article in the Telegraph, but God doesn't call us to a life of comfort.  God doesn't call us to a life of smooth sailing.  He works the most in our lives when we are totally out of our comfort zone (something that's been drilled into me since I was a teenager, right, Eric?).  Fundraising is not a fun process, but it's necessary to bring our daughter home to her family.  It's necessary to meet the obligations required to be able to adopt.  So, like Harmony, we trudge on, knowing what Isaiah 55:8-9 says is true:

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
 
 
Thank you for your continued prayer and support.  No matter how uncomfortable I am with the idea of fundraising, and asking people for help in our adoption, I am grateful.  I am grateful for the journey that we're on, and I'm grateful that God is allowing so many people to be involved in our life story. 

1 comment:

  1. Lol....I see the article as FREE advertisement! I bet you get a great turnout on Saturday! Keep calm and fundraise!

    ReplyDelete